Board Minutes - 19 October 2009
Meeting of the .au Domain Administration Board
19 October 2009 - 10.00am
Sheraton Hotel. Adelaide Terrace. Perth WA 6000
Kim Heitman (Acting Chair), Chris Disspain, Julie Hammer, Graham McDonald, Tony Steven, Dwayne Varey, Amin Kroll, Josh Rowe, Marty Drill and Cheryl Langdon-Orr
Craig Ng (Maddocks), John Higgins (Hayes Knight), Tristan Kathage (DBCDE, Absent for items 6.2, 9, 10 & 11), Elspeth Ross (auDA), Jo Lim (auDA), Paul Szyndler (auDA) and Jacki O’Sullivan (auDA-Minutes)
Tony Staley (Chair)
Tony Staley was an apology.
2. Continuous Disclosure
There were no matters to be disclosed.
3. Confirmation of Minutes
The minutes of the 17 August 2009 board meeting were confirmed.
4. Finance Report
The board noted the September accounts.
5. CEO Report
• The CEO report was noted.
• The board was advised of the auDA/AusRegistry Registrar’s dinner event to be held 26 November 2009. Board members wishing to attend should contact auDA for arrangements.
• Craig Ng gave a summary on current legal matters (Privileged item).
6. Policy Development
6.1 Domain Renewal, Expiry and Deletion Policy:
The CPO gave an update on the recent policy review. Based on public comments received, it is proposed that auDA/AusRegistry publish an official domain drop list and a fixed time for domain drops. A summary paper will be prepared and published on the website for comment.
6.2 New 2LDs:
The board noted the Call for New 2LD Proposals released on 1 October. The board agreed to appoint Derek Whitehead as Chair of the New 2LDs Advisory Panel. A draft terms of reference for the Panel will be provided to the board for approval.
7. auCD Report
• The board noted the auCD report.
• The operational consolidation report was reviewed and discussed.
• Motion (proposed J Hammer, seconded G McDonald): That the board authorise staff to implement the auCD Operational consolidation report. Carried.
8. Membership Applications
The membership applications below were approved in the classes indicated:
• Eric Karabardak (Demand)
The board agreed to request further information from additional membership applications received.
9. Board Correspondence
• The DBCDE representative left the conference call for this item.
• The Minister’s letter of 1 October regarding new 2LDs and name hijacking was discussed.
• Motion (Proposed C Langdon-Orr, seconded M Drill). That a response letter to the Minister be prepared. Carried.
10. Next Meeting
It was confirmed that the December auDA Board Meeting and Board Christmas Dinner would be held in Melbourne on Monday 14 December 2009 at 2.00pm.
11. Other Business
• Remuneration committee report
- All observers left the room for this item
- The board approved the committee’s report regarding CEO remuneration and performance.
• The board thanked retiring director Alex Woerndle for his service and contribution to auDA over the past 2 years.