Outcomes of the auDA 2003 AGM
The auDA 2003 Annual General Meeting was held in Sydney on 27 November 2003.
The following people were elected to the auDA Board for a 2 year term:
- Larry Bloch, NetRegistry - Supply Class
- Kim Davies - Demand Class
- Josh Rowe - Demand Class
- Peter Nissen, CAUDIT - Representative Association Class
The following special resolutions were passed by a 75% majority of members voting in each class:
- That the membership of Guy & Associates be terminated under clause 13.3 of the Constitution.
- That the Constitution be amended by inserting the following after clause 11.1:
'11.2 Prohibition on Voting Agreements A Member must not enter into or give effect to any contract, arrangement or understanding under which the Member (or any associate of the Member) has or will receive any material benefit in consideration for voting in a particular way (including not voting) on any matter before a general meeting including any election.'
- That the Constitution be amended by deleting clause 16.1 and replacing it with the following:
'16.1 Entitlement to Vote Every Member who: a) was a Member on 14 October 2003 and has continuously been a Member since that date; or b) has been a Member for not less than three (3) months, present at a general meeting in person or represented by proxy or representative has one vote, whether by show of hands or on a poll.'
- That the Constitution be amended be deleting clause 19.4.a and replacing it with the following:
'19.4 Nomination for Election a. Each candidate for election as a Director by a Class in accordance with clause 19.2 or 19.3 must be proposed by a Member of auDA in that Class and seconded by another Member of auDA in that Class. aa. A Member may only propose or second a candidate for Election as a Director if they have: (i) paid their entrance fee (if any) and their membership fees as at the time that the proposal takes place; and (ii) in respect of a candidate for election by a Class with 4 or more Members, not proposed or seconded any other person for election as a Director at that election.'
- That the Constitution be amended by deleting clause 13.2 and replacing it with the following:
'13.2 Termination of Membership for Non-Payment of Membership Fees The Board may at any time terminate the membership of a Member for non-payment of membership fees if: a. the membership fees payable by the member have remained unpaid for a period of not less than three (3) months after the due date for payment; and b. after the end of that (3) month period, a notice of default has been given to the Member by the Secretary; and c. the membership fees payable by the member remain in arrears for a period of one (1) month after the date of service of the notice of default upon the Member in relation to those outstanding fees.'
Minutes of the AGM will be published shortly.