auDA regularly seeks public comments on various governance and policy issues.
Implementation of the Government Review Recommendations
In April 2018 the Federal Government delivered the final report of its review of the .au Domain Administration. The review made 29 recommendations for reform required by auDA to meet its new terms of endorsement. auDA sought comment on the documents below which have been created as part of the implementation plan of auDA's response to the government review.
There are no policies currently open for consultation
auDA is responsible for the development and implementation of the policies governing the operation of the .au ccTLD, including the registration of .au domain names. As part of its multi-stakeholder policy development process, auDA welcomes submissions from the community on its draft policies. The draft policies will be available for public comment for a minimum of 21 calendar days. auDA will publish a consultation report setting out the key issues raised in the public consultation process, and any subsequent amendments to the draft policy as a result of public consultation.
- To make a submission on these draft policies please email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
30 November 2019
The Corporate Policies set out how auDA conducts its business as the administrator and self-regulatory policy body for the .au ccTLD, including how it complies with its legal obligations under Australian law. The Corporate Policies are open for public comment for a period of no less than 21 calendar days.
- To make a submission on these corporate policy drafts, please email your feedback to email@example.com
Throughout the review process, the Department of Communications and the Arts (DoCA) has provided feedback on auDA's corporate policies and governance documents. This feedback, which has been incorporated into each document, can be found below.
- DoCA Feedback: DoCA's non-voting observer role on the auDA Board
see also: auDA's response
- DoCA Feedback: auDA Constitution
- DoCA Feedback: Transparency and Accountability Framework
- DoCA Feedback: Board Charter
- DoCA Feedback: Board Skills Matrix
- DoCA Feedback: Nomination Committee Charter
- DoCA Feedback: Enterprise Security Strategy
5pm AEST, 10 May 2019